Went home for a couple days, then had signs of internal bleeding so I went back to the hospital for another week.
Upshot for the whole affair:
- Lost one organ (gallbladder)
- Almost lost another organ (pancreas)
- Seriously annoyed another (liver)
- Got knocked out 4 times
- 4 CaT scans
- 1 radioactive injection
- Transfused 9 units of blood & plasma
- Starved for most of 2 weeks
- Lost 10 pounds
- Jabbed with needles maybe 100 times
...and thankful for all of it.
We have a wonderful health care system. Everything done was just between me and my 8+ doctors. Keep government bureaucrats out of it.